Notes on Use of this Website
The Japan Post Insurance website (https://www.jp-life.japanpost.jp/english/index.thml) and the Japan Post Insurance investor relations website (https://investor.jp-life.japanpost.jp/en/); (hereinafter referred to as "the Site") offers you service (hereinafter referred to as "the Service") to furnish you with information on the various activities of Japan Post Insurance (hereinafter referred to as "the Company"), and is administered by a subcontractor commissioned so to do by the Company.
Upon your access to the Site, please comply with the Terms and Conditions on Use of this website (hereinafter referred to as "the Terms.") Your use of the Service will be considered as your acceptance of the following Terms.
Please make efforts to stay informed of the latest Terms, as the Terms may be updated as required without prior notice when you access the Service provided.
Before Using the Site
- Any person accessing the Site (hereinafter referred to as "the User") shall have access or use the Site in compliance with all the laws and regulations applicable to any such access or use.
- The Service may be discontinued without prior notice for the maintenance of the Site (including any emergency maintenance.)
- All the intellectual property rights (including trademark rights, copyrights, and all the other rights of the equivalent nature; hereinafter collectively referred to as "the Intellectual Property Rights") of all the contents, text, images, data, software, information or other references (hereinafter collectively referred to as "the Contents") belong to the Company and the providers of the Contents and are under the protection of the laws and regulations applicable and related to the Intellectual Property Rights.
- The User may have access or use the Site in compliance with the Terms and relevant laws and regulations, and may download and print the Contents.
- The Contents and/or any matter included therein as a whole or in part may not be duplicated, altered, published, transmitted, distributed, assigned, loaned, licensed, reproduced or reutilized without prior authorization beyond the purposes of personal use or expressedly set out in laws and regulations.
- The rights on the trademarks, logos and trade names described upon the Site are reserved by the Company or the respective proprietors of such rights. The use of such rights without authorization of the Company (TEL:+81-3-3504-4411) is prohibited by the Trademark Law and other laws and regulations unless such use is not prohibited thereunder.
- The Company does not offer any warranty for the information included in the Site as to the aspects including without limitation the completeness, accuracy, effectiveness or security thereof, but uses various precautions available for the Company to be applied to such information.
- The information posted on the Site does not represent comprehensive or exhaustive information on the activities of the Company, but represents merely a part thereof. The Company shall not be held responsible for any consequence attributable to the User's decision and/or acts made based upon the information posted on the Site.
- Any part of the information posted in the Site contains only the information available at the time of such posting.
The Company shall not be held responsible for any damage incurred by the User and accrued from the posting of the information if such information becomes obsolete or different from the state of affairs in the course thereof or any addition.
- The electronic address or the uniform resource locator code of the Site may be changed without any preceding notice thereof. The Company shall not be held responsible for the defects related to the display or presentation of the Site or any other impact or any other damages whatsoever related thereto incurred or suffered as a result of the alteration or deletion of the information posted on the Site or change of electronic address thereof.
- The Company shall not be held responsible for damages suffered by the User by the suspension of the Service on the Site due to the maintenance thereof or due to force majeure events including but not limited to fires, blackouts and other natural disasters, as well as virus infections and attacks by third parties.
- The Company does not warrant any website linked from the Site (hereinafter referred to as "the Link") with respect to the aspects including without limitation the accuracy and legal compliance thereof. In the event where use of the Link results in any problem, the Link must be responsible thereof, and the User shall be responsible for the disposition thereof.
- Any complaint or claim that is incurred from the use of or access to the service by the User or the violation hereof by the User or infringement of the rights of a third party by the User or that is given rise to in relation thereto shall be settled by the User's sole responsibility and costs and the Company shall have no liability whatsoever in relation thereto. If any cost (including without limitation any damages paid) is incurred by the Company from responding to the said complaint or claim, then the User shall indemnify the Company for any such cost.
- As a general rule, a link to the Site may be freely created. However, the Company shall not authorize any link that:-
- is from a site adversely affecting the public order and morals or otherwise degrading the trust and status of the Site;
- is from a site considered to be with offense or possible offense against laws and regulations;
- is linked to any specific frame of the Site, or otherwise is linked in such way that the certainty of the Website of the Company may be compromised;
- may give a false recognition of any sort that the website linked to the Site is in affiliation or collaborative relationship with the Company, or that the Company acknowledges or supports the said website; or,
- is otherwise deemed unfit by the Company.
- Upon linking to the Site, please set the link to the Top (https://www.jp-life.japanpost.jp/english & https://investor.jp-life.japanpost.jp/en/) of the Site.
- As a general rule, the Site does not offer any mutual link.
- The User of the Site may not be engaged in any of the following conducts.
- Any act which damages or infringes, or may damage or infringe, any property or privacy of the Company or any third party.
- Any act which causes, or may cause, any loss or damage to the Company or any third party.
- Any act which is, or may be, offensive to public order and morals.
- Any act which is, or may be, a criminal act or which leads to, or may lead to, any criminal act.
- Any report or notification which is a misrepresentation including without limitation registering electronic mail address of any other person than the User himself/herself.
- Any act which is intended for commercial activity or which is profit oriented, or which is designed for the preparation thereof.
- Any act which injures or damages the reputation or trust of the Company or any third parties.
- Any use or installation of programs which is intended to, or may be, harmful for the system, including without limitation, computer viruses.
- Any act which is, or may be, considered to be a violation of any law or regulation.
- Any other act which is deemed unfit to the Site by the Company.
- The Company handles personal information such as names and e-mail addresses, obtained from the User when the User utilizes the Service, in accordance with the "Private Policy", stipulated separately.
- The Company totals access logs to judge what services are preferred by the User. Access logs do not contain information that can identify individuals, though they contain the names of domains and IP addresses of those who accessed the Site, type of browser they use and date and time of access. Access logs are used only as statistic data, and will never be connected to personal information of the User. If you do not wish your information to be aggregated and analyzed you may utilize the following opt out mechanism (opt-out page will open in a separate browser window).
Adobe.com opt-out page
- Albeit the Site has been implementing efforts to attain higher security standards to eliminate issues, including without limitation, unauthorized access to the information, of the User and loss, destruction, falsification, and divulgation thereof, please be notified of the fact that risk of divulgation of the information still exists due to the nature of the Internet communication.
- Internet Explorer Version 8.0 is recommended to ensure easy and secure access to the Site.
- The User's consent to additional agreements other than this Agreement may be required upon using some contents of the Site. In any website that is administered by the Company and that is furnished with individual agreements aside from this Agreement, the individual agreements shall supersede this Agreement.
- This Agreement shall be construed pursuant to the laws and regulations of Japan, and the User agrees to the exclusive jurisdiction of the person by the courts in Japan for any matter arising from the Agreement.
- In the event of any dispute between the Company and the User that is given rise to in relation to the Site, the Service, and/or the Agreement, the Company and the User shall seek in good faith a disposal which is satisfactory for both the Company and the User. The Company has no obligation to be involved within any dispute between the User and any third party. In the event the foregoing good-faith effort not settling such dispute followed by the adjudication therein being sought, the Company and the User hereby agree to the exclusive jurisdiction by Tokyo District Court in Japan for the first instance. The proceedings of the said dispute must be filed or commenced within one year from the occurrence of the causes thereof.
- The Site uses SSL (Secure Socket Layer; a kind of cryptography technology) concerning Service that involves personal information, to ensure the safety of the User.