ESG Investment Policy
May 1, 2019
JAPAN POST INSURANCE Co., Ltd.
From the perspective of fulfilling our social responsibilities to all stakeholders, we are promoting initiatives to solve environmental, social and governance (ESG) issues facing society, and actively taking on challenges toward the sustainable growth of corporate value and social development.
In asset management, we will consider various factors of ESG in making investment decisions, in order to realize a sustainable society, improve investment results and reduce risks in the long-term.
- We will integrate ESG factors into the investment processes (such as investment analyses and decision-making processes) in phases, according to the characteristics of respective assets. For example, we will invest in the environmentally-friendly natural energy power generation business, and will actively evaluate companies with technology, business foundations, and other characteristics that contribute to the solution of ESG issues in the area of internal domestic equity investments.
- By appropriately conducting constructive dialogue and exercising voting rights in consideration of ESG factors, we will encourage investee companies to contribute to the realization of a sustainable society through their business activities, and to improve their corporate value. In addition, we will also seek substantial disclosure of non-financial information, including ESG factors, in order to improve our investment processes.
- We will monitor the status of ESG investment activities at the investment managers that we do business with, and will encourage their ESG investment activities such as by sharing successful examples.
- We will work on information exchange and collaboration with other institutional investors, industry groups, and others, in order to further contribute to the realization of a sustainable society.
- We will disclose the status of our ESG investment activities regularly on our website and through disclosure and other materials.